These are my picks (complete with the reason for my choice) for the movies coming to theaters in May, but feel free to check out all of May's releases by visiting the Internet Movie Database's Coming Soon page.
Friday, May 3rd
Director: Shane Black
· Why? Because Iron Man.
Friday, May 10th
Director: Nicolás López
· Why? Because it's horror and Eli Roth is in it.
Friday, May 17th
Director: J.J. Abrams
· Why? Because Star Trek. Because JJ Abrams. Because other reasons.
Friday, May 24th
Director: Justin Lin
· Why? Because The Rock and Vin Diesel and if you've been following along for at least the last few chapters, then you'd know that they're crafting quite the little continuing storyline.
Director: Todd Phillips
· Why? Because same director and same cast and Heather Graham is back!
Director: Richard Linklater
· Why? This might be the least-hyped trilogy ever, and I think I've only seen one chapter. I remember liking it though, and I'm looking forward to having watched all 3.
Friday, May 31st
Director: M. Night Shyamalan
· Why? M Night Shyamalan + Will Smith sounds good to me, and it's the first time that Shyamalan is directing someone else's screenplay.
Director: Louis Leterrier
· Why? Because would you look at that cast?? Geez. So much awesome.
Director: James DeMonaco
· Why? Because Lena Headey + Ethan Hawke + a pretty interesting concept.